The Board of Directors of The Dance Complex in Cambridge, MA is seeking a new Executive Director.
The Executive Director will have ultimate responsibility for the successful operation of The Dance Complex. The applicant should be a visionary with experience in the arts community and a love of dance. The role of the Executive Director will be to continue the development of the past twenty years of an organization that has been a role model of a successful volunteer-based community. Appreciation of diversity and an enjoyment of people are important, as is the ability to work collaboratively with staff and the dance community. The ideal candidate will establish and sustain a positive relationship with other arts organizations, dancers, instructors, the City of Cambridge, and all who are committed to dance. The Executive Director will host two concert series, providing executive oversight and strategic planning on these concerts and others that are deemed in-house productions of The Dance Complex.
- Prior experience running a non-profit organization
- A successful track record of writing and attaining grants
- Experience managing staff
- An understanding of business finance
- Excellent writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Researching and applying for grants
- Managing fiduciary needs
- Assisting in the development of a working board
- Overseeing the upkeep and maintenance of an historical landmark building
- Recruiting, managing, and training staff
The applicant must be willing to commit to the appointment for a minimum of three years. Salary is commensurate with experience; compensation is for about ¾ time.
Please send all information in text form in the body of an email, addressed to email@example.com. Please include your name, address, contact information, a letter of introduction, and a bio of your administrative work. Three letters of recommendation will be requested later. All applications must be received no later than midnight on March 8, 2013.