Each time anyone enters The Dance Complex, there is a potential moment of discovery in answer to the question, "Who am I, engaged with dance in this moment?" And one of the amazing things is that this crystalline instance of reflection an awareness can happen to anyone here, regardless of who they are or the multiple reasons to come through our doors.
Now, more than ever, The Dance Complex commits to creating a safe environment for all to pursue their birthright to study, to create and perform - and witness as audience - dance.
Now, more than ever, we need your help to improve and sustain The Dance Complex.
We are purposefully a haven for the authentic diversity embodied by all who join us day-to-day: from the young to the very old, to those who study multiple genres and styles and those who are singular in the dance they pursue.
There are no "other dances" here. There are no "others".
With the end of June, we will close the fiscal year. We also reach the half way mark of our 25 & Dancing On year-long celebration. We need your partnership in standing up for dance and The Dance Complex, and have two major ways for you to demonstrate that partnership:
- Share your truth, your discovery of dance. Become an ambassador of dance and bring at least 1 new person to The Dance Complex by June 30th. It can be to class, a performance - or we’d even suggest the evening of June 23rd for a free event that wows all; and
- Continue to Give. Whatever the amount: give. Your gift will be an example to others that you embrace and value the gifts dance brings you. This gift becomes a tool of advocacy for us with potential funders who see your commitment as a vote of confidence.
When you give, you deepen work already begun this year: helping us to create programs that make dance more accessible, to improve studio reservation systems, to be more effective in communicating to a broader public and to plan for the future.
You also give to insure that all dance and all dancers have a place to take their next steps.
As you give by the end of June, you can designate your gift to:
- subsidize studio rental prices (keep costs down!);
- sponsor local and regional artists in the creation and production of their work;
- improve our engagement of those not yet familiar with us; or
- support the general operation of The Dance Complex.
The Dance Complex is grateful to have garnered recognition and support from numerous organizations including:
The Barr Foundation
The Boston Foundation
James K. Spriggs Foundation, a donor Advised fund of Fidelity Charitable
|New England Foundation for the Arts
Harvard University Alumni Magazine
The Cambridge Historical Society
Massachusetts Cultural Council
Financial contributions from individual donors to The Dance Complex helped lift us up to reach these terrific achievements in 2016.
- Creation and launch of the highly-acclaimed CATALYSTS series
- Design and implementation of the Accessible Dance Initiative, co-sponsored by Mass General Hospital, exploring movementwith individuals with Parkinson’s Disease and their care partners.
- Completion of Studio 7,
installation of an air conditioning system, - purchaseand installation of retractable curtains for the mirrors,
hire ofweekly professional building cleaning to supplement workstudy efforts
- Overhaul of our security system, surveillance, and training, in partnership with Cambridge Police, to ensure our patrons can enjoy the very best support in a safe environment.
- Purchase of MindBody for
improved efficiency in booking and paying for contracts.